Thursday, November 25, 2010

Forgiveness is the Power



Forgiveness is Power
November 27 2010

Fatmire Feka was separated from her brother and sister ten years ago. It's been 10 years and she has released the idea that they might just be alive. She and her mother think that they have been shot because their uncle was shot in the shoulder and doesn't remember who it was, or if her siblings were killed. I believe she is a hero.

Fatmire Feka has one remarkable personality trait. The power to forgive. Because of her past, of someone helping her and teaching her about forgiveness rather than hatred and anger, she wants to forgive everyone. But the problem is, not matter how hard she wants to forgive, she doesn't know who to forgive. This is a heroic act of hers and I think that if this were me, I don't think I'd ever be able to forgive so this is amazing what she's doing. Also in the Bible, because I'm Christian, there is a verse that many preachers and bishops like to quote. I don't know where to find it, but the quote is 'Turn the other cheek' I believe Jesus said this to his disciples. These are powerful words, when you turn the other cheek, I think it means to not fight back, and forgive. Though sometimes it may be hard.

This story is connected to the story we read in class called 'The Blokes' by Alan Gibbons. There was a boy named Hashim and The Blokes blackmailed Hashim's friend John, into destroying Hashim's school project, his village. When John did so, he felt awful and like a horrible friend. Hashim did not hate John or The Blokes. He did not fight back. He forgave everyone and he was then called the strongest link by his friend John. Fatmire Feka hasn't gone around saying she wants to hurt the person who killed her sister and brother, not because she doesn't know who it was, but because she wants to seek to forgive them. She and Hashim are amazing people, who seeked refugee from somewhere and have came into people's lives and changed them, for good. That's what makes them both heroes.

This is related to my life because sometimes, when I mess up, or I hurt people's feelings, I want forgiveness. I would say I'm sorry and I would want them to forgive me. Although sometimes I don't exactly show it but I would want it. Fatmire Feka although has been able to seek forgiveness even though it was hard and she is a hero for that and if we all were able to forgive and turn the other cheek, I think we would have so much more peace in the world.

I chose this photo because it shows someone's hands in a prayer position. When you pray, in my culture, what you do is you thank God for all the blessings, than you ask for forgiveness in all your sins, like if you lied, cheated, or stole, than you ask for forgiveness with all your heart. So this reminded me of someone asking for forgiveness.




Artist: Unknown
Painting: Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment