Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I believe in Compliments


The last time I had received a compliment was just today. It wasn't much of a compliment but it felt like a compliment to me. I was talking to my Mom about my Global Issues class and I was asking about her opinion. After she was done, I asked her if I asked the other kids parents about the questions I asked her, if their response would be different. She said to me "Probably not, I learned about this in collage."

When she said this, it made me feel really great. I was pretty excited that I was learning a simpler version of what my Mother was learning in collage. I also found this class very interesting, it made me really made me think about how I was really lucky, It had also opened my eyes to the world around me. It was something my Mom and I may have in common. I was really interested to hear this from my Mom because I had always thought that my Mom and I had completely different interests

The last time I had complimented someone it was also today. It was on the bus today. A girl was talking about her watch and her bracelet. I told her I liked her bracelet. Complimenting her did not make me feel any better, but at the time I'm sure she felt pretty good about what I had said about her watch.

After watching the complimenting video, at first I thought it sounded like a pretty good idea, but then after a while, I didn't think it sound very sincere. If I were walking by those same guys every single day, I wouldn't think that they were being very sincere. It still sounds like they were trying just to cheer up people, but it sort of sounded like a joke. I wouldn't take them very seriously, if I were talking to them.



http://www.worldsgreatestsmile.com/assets/images/compliment_reindeer.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment